Neo-Tokyo 2019: An Akira Fanzine
Bright neon lights and towering skyscrapers, political and social unrest, religious movements and doomsday cults, military police and warring biker gangs of troubled youths. This is Neo-Tokyo, and it is about to E•X•P•L•O•D•E.
To celebrate Akira and year it is set, the distant, dystopian future of 2019 we created NEO-TOKYO 2019, a risograph fanzine, dedicated to the world of Katsuhiro Otomo’s Akira, the people and places at the edges of Tetsuo and Kaneda’s stories, and the impact of Otomo’s dystopian vision of a future Tokyo.
Originally funded through our successful Kickstarter Campaign in 2019, now available online.
- Alexandre Godreau (Artwork)
- Andy Williams (Comic)
- BAKAkid (Artwork)
- Bon Idle (Comic) (Sword Hunt)
- B Mure (Artwork) (Ismyre, Terrible Means, The Tower in the Sea)
- CROM (Comic) (Raiders, Bird King)
- David Lawrence (Artwork)
- James Perrett (Artwork)
- Jenny Mure (Artwork) (Goddess)
- John Bryers (Essay)
- Marcus Cripps (Comic) (Cat Bite)
- Pocketwei (Artwork)
- Pikimik (Artwork)
- Rock Paper Riso / A.T. Zimmer (Artwork)
- Thom Goward (Artwork)
- Sub A4
- Edition of 300 copies
- 40 pages (including cover)
- Black and Red risograph ink on Munken Lynx Rough
- Matte Laminated Cover
Every item from Shop Black Mass is limited edition, risograph printed in Nottingham, UK and is packaged by hand. Please allow 2-3 days handling time on top of shipping estimates.